daydreaming
























They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.-Edgar Allan Poe


Monday January 19th marked a 200th day of my photo posts for this blog.

This quote struck me that those “who dream by day are cognizant of many things”, when I used to think about this project in my dreams it was a much different dream. It was one of just pretty visions that pass by my eyes on a daily basis. But I have become aware that is has become so much more as I live this dream each day.

My awareness about how much discipline and effort it takes has surprised me, how you have to remain committed to your vision, your promise, your dreams. How you have to be accountable to the pledge you make to yourself to stick to your idea. That if you really want something, I mean really, really want something, it is possible but it may not come easy or without effort. The effort is worth the reward.

In my very first trip to Eiffel Tower, I took the stairs, because I believed that if I were to take each step one at a time, it would make the view so much sweeter once I got to my vantage point. Anyone can take the elevator to see the view, but when you have to exert effort in the climb, it is then that you truly can take in the view, because you have also taken in so much on the journey.

I am a daydreamer, this is a great dream.

-Monique Jervan-Chilton

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

daydreams can become reality. I liked the mushroom...Keep it on. Regards, Ed

Anonymous said...

I can't remember how I stumbled onto your blog, but I've enjoyed reading about your journey. Your photos are inspiring to me, in how you are able to find shots in the ordinary things of life and present them well. That is a real knack!

I see some familiar places among your photos (I live in Sebastopol). I've photographed some of those myself, and it's quite interesting to see how someone else approaches the same subjects. I look forward to seeing more.

Anonymous said...

Love your photos. Where's February Julie - Mike's mom