An order of kindness with a side of thoughtfulness














Dandelion 11.13.08



The Original Walkman 11.12.08



Park Bench 11.11.08



On Strike Housing 11.10.08



Pretty Eyes 11.09.08



Faded Mail Box 11.08.09

Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have I gone wrong? Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night.”

~ Charlie Brown in "Peanuts" (Charles M. Schulz)


This past week, I have had this battle brewing in my head, a struggle if you will, partially from not feeling well, a lack of sleep, not feeling particularly good about myself, add to that some daily stress and I soon found myself feeling more than a little blue and worn out. After many spastic moments, I finally gave into a lot of emotions and realized I need to just let my feelings run their course.

I find it funny how in those moments I focus on so many negative thoughts, when I should be feeding myself with kindness and thoughtfulness.

We expect so much of ourselves, and when life does not seem to have gotten the memo about our needs and fails to show up for us, we can spin so quickly into a gloomy place. Thankfully we can do something to help ourselves.

Give yourself a little slack, take a few million deep breathes, cry if you need too, scream if you need too, stomp if you need too. Make sure to laugh at something, the harder you laugh the better you will feel. Make yourself a nice cup of tea, and dish yourself up a nice helping of kindness with a side of thoughtfulness. And do not expect that everything will be perfect in a matter of moments. You are a work of art, art takes time and you deserve nothing but the best.

(Happy to report, I am feeling much better than my week started out, perhaps it was a little bit that good old Charlie Brown wisdom)
- Monique Jervan-Chilton

No comments: